Our forefathers fought long and hard for our independence, something we enjoy to this very day. While cybersecurity may not have been on the docket when they inked the Declaration of Independence, freedom and the protection of our rights certainly were.
So it comes with real pleasure to announce Launch Security is now a partner of STOP. THINK. CONNECT., the global cybersecurity awareness campaign, to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online.
Kind of like our forefathers, we're on a mission. Both as an organization and in the community, now through STOP. THINK. CONNECT.
The campaign’s three easy, actionable steps STOP. THINK. CONNECT. are easy to understand and apply. STOP. THINK. CONNECT. also advises all Internet users to take security measures, understand the consequences of their behavior and actions and enjoy the benefits of the Internet. Here are some additional tips and advice:
- Keep a Clean Machine: Keep all critical software—security software, Web browsers and operating systems—up to date.
- Protect Your Personal Information: Secure your accounts by making passwords long, strong and unique.
- Own Your Online Presence: Set security and privacy settings to your comfort level of sharing.
- When in Doubt, Throw it Out: If an email, social network post or text message looks suspicious, even if you know the source, delete it.
- Be a Good Online Citizen: Post only about others what you would have them post about you.
STOP. THINK. CONNECT. was created by an unprecedented coalition of private companies, non-profits and government organizations with leadership provided by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG).
If you're interested in learning more and getting involved, please visit www.stopthinkconnect.org/get-involved.
We hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend. And when you're ready to plug back in, try and remember to STOP. THINK. CONNECT!
Your Friends at Launch Security