Thanks for your interest in working with us! We're a growing, fun loving startup with a small, vibrant team. A talented group of problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit who like to work hard, work smart, and enjoy the ride. Resourcefulness, responsiveness, and simplicity are values that shape who we are, what we do, and how we deliver amazing customer experiences. Are you a creative self-starter with an appetite to learn and grow? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
We are looking for an IT Technician to join us full time in our Portland, Maine office. The successful candidate is a clear and effective communicator with strong technical skills who enjoys working with a small team and is extremely passionate about all aspects of cybersecurity.
Your responsibilities will cover a variety of cybersecurity technical needs, from deploying cybersecurity technology (internally and with customers), to performing technical analysis and providing recommendations. The ideal team member maintains an excellent knowledge of all aspects of IT hardware and software and follows a strong methodology of security in everything they do.
We are looking for a team player who:
- Has 5+ years experience with:
- Knowledge of vulnerability & patch management.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure including routers, switches, firewalls, virtualization, VPNs, wireless.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Windows, Linux, iOS, etc.)
- Knowledge of mobile device hardware and software (Android, iOS, etc.)
- Knowledge of vulnerability and penetration testing techniques and methods.
- Experience deploying and managing cybersecurity technology including IDS/IPS, host-based security systems, firewalls, email security, DDOS protection.
- Experience utilizing RMM tools to perform system support.
- Has a working understanding of cybersecurity frameworks and controls including NIST, CIS, and others.
- Enjoys working on a team that includes fellow technicians (experience working with app developers is a plus).
- Is eager to grow, learn, and tackle daily challenges and goals.
- Enjoys participating in team charity events and missions within the community.
Everyone at Launch Security is dedicated to your success. We dedicate time and resources to training you on all aspects of your new role. Our organization thrives on an open-door policy and transparent management system, and encourages team collaboration throughout the organization. Our employees are self-starters by nature, and we value empathy, reliability, and fun!
This is a flexible position open to candidates with varying levels of experience and offers long term growth potential. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience, and is variable based on personal and team performance. Our benefits package is comprehensive and includes health, dental, and vision coverage, educational reimbursement, a 401(k) program, and more.
Does the shoe fit?
If you are a great candidate for this position, please share insight into your work experience, skills and interests, and why you might be the best fit. We look forward to hearing from you!